12 Quotes That Take You Inside The Mind Of Billionaire Mavs Owner Mark Cuban
His first job was tending bar in Dallas. Then he took a gig as a computer salesman. He was fired - and he realized he "was never going to be a very good employee."
So he started his first company, MicroSolutions, which he sold for $6 million.
He did even better with his next company - about 1,000 times better. He founded Broadcast.com and sold it to Yahoo for almost $6 billion.
Almost immediately, Cuban sold all of his Yahoo stock netting $2 billion in cash for himself. Weeks later, the market crashed.
Since then, Cuban has continued to work and invest. He owns the Dallas Mavericks and a cable channel, plus he's all over the media - taking bites out of would-be entrepreneurs on ABC's pitch show "Shark Tank" and lighting up the conference circuit.
Cuban is known for saying what other people only think. Here are some of our favorite quotes.
- Adani Ports Q1 profits declines to ₹1,091 crore
- Unicorns and startups should prepare for a longer funding winter, says SoftBank's Masayoshi Son
- Lok Sabha passes Energy Conservation Bill to promote non-fossil fuels
- Indian government is reportedly planning on restricting Xiaomi, Realme, Vivo and Oppo from the budget smartphone segment
- Less than 50% of children able to catch up with age-appropriate learning, claims survey