13 of the most successful men who attended Eton, the school that educated 19 British Prime Ministers
Eton is one of the UK's most exclusive boarding schools, famous for producing politicians like former Prime Minister David Cameron and Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson.
Michael Buckner / Getty
Its connection to royalty is well known - with Princes Harry and William both attending the £37,602 per-year school - but Eton also has a reputation for producing some of the most successful creatives in the world.
Authors from Henry Fielding to George Orwell started their education at the elite private school, and it is also where internationally-renowned actors and singers have found their feet.
From economic theorists to singer-songwriters, here are 13 of the most successful people you may not have realised had an Etonian education, ranked by the year they were born.
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling