13 popular online courses that people enroll in and actually finish, according to Coursera
- With the rising cost of formal education, online classes are becoming increasingly popular.
- Coursera is one of the most comprehensive e-learning platforms, offering a wide range of courses and the ability to audit classes for free.
- We reached out to Coursera to find out which courses have the highest completion rates - a metric that signals how much value the course provides to its students.
- Coursera wasn't able to share exact completion rates with us, but they did share a hand-picked list of courses that they say have both high enrollment numbers and corresponding high completion rates.
These days, you don't need a classroom or a backpack full of textbooks to pick up a new skill or dive into a new subject. Online classes are breaking down the barriers to education as we know it, making learning more flexible, convenient, and affordable than ever before.Coursera is a popular e-learning platform, offering thousands of courses administered by some of the top universities and higher-learning institutions in the world. While all courses are different, in general, they all include video lectures, some assignments, and discussion forums where you can communicate with classmates in your course.Advertisement
Individual courses start at $29 and go up to $99, though you can also purchase specializations - a series of courses and hands-on projects to help you master a skill - for a monthly rate. On Coursera, you can learn everything from Java programming and international tax law to principles of chicken behavior and how to influence others.
With such a breadth of options, it can be hard to know what courses are worth your time and money. Good news is, plenty of courses on Coursera are available for free. If you want to try out a specialization, you can do a 7-day free trial before paying for the series. If you just want one course, you can audit it completely free - you just won't have access to the assignments or be able to get a completion certificate.We reached out to Coursera to get some insight on their most popular courses based on completion rates, a metric we felt signaled the value a course was providing to students. Coursera wasn't able to share exact completion rates with us, but they provided a list of courses that they say hve both high enrollment numbers and corresponding high completion rates. Additionally, these courses had higher completion rates for both paying and non-paying enrollees than other courses.
Whether you're looking to sharpen up some business skills or pick up a new hobby, Coursera probably has something for you.
Find 13 of the most popular courses, based on high enrollment numbers and completion rates, below:
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning How to LearnAdvertisement
Programming for Everybody: Getting Started with Python
Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and SkillsAdvertisement
Neural Networks and Deep Learning
Stanford Introduction to Food and HealthAdvertisement
Marketing in a Digital World
Introduction to MarketingAdvertisement
Technical Support FundamentalsAdvertisement
What is Data Science?
Psychological First AidAdvertisement
Initiating and Planning Projects
- Awaiting coronavirus report, kin keep man's body at shop for about 15 hrs
- COVID-19: Health Ministry issues revised home isolation guidelines
- 61 deaths, 2,373 fresh coronavirus cases in Delhi; total count 92,175
- Officials: Students in Alabama threw COVID contest parties
- Delhi govt reviews setting up of COVID-19 war room
- Oxford Covid 19 Vaccine
- Bank Holiday in July
- CA Exams
- Types of Chinese App
- Chinese Apps
- Indian Covid 19 Vaccine
- Sharechat App
- Assam Floods Pictures
- H1-B Visa Impact
- Camscanner App Alternative
- Chinese Mobile Company
- Top Chinese App
- List of Banned Chinese Apps
- UC Browser App Alternative
- Britannia vs Parle G
- Smartphone Under 20000 Rs.