13 things that should never surprise a boss
- There are certain things that should never surprise a boss, from employees leaving to when a new hire won't last.
- Good managers know the signs to watch for, and keep in constant communication with their reports.
- Here are the 13 things that should not surprise a good manager.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Good bosses don't need to spy on their employees to know if they're thinking about quitting.
Certain things should never surprise a good boss. While employees will try to keep their dissatisfaction at work or external job interviews under wraps, managers should know the signs long before they get a resignation letter.
Read more: 26 signs you're a great boss - even if it doesn't feel like it
On the flip side, managers shouldn't be surprised when an employee asks for a raise or more responsibility. Good bosses should make sure to communicate regularly with direct reports so that nothing about an employee's behavior comes as a surprise.
Here are 13 things that should never come as a surprise to bosses:
When an employee quits
When an employee hates you
When an employee is bored
When your employee fails
When an employee comes to you with suggestions on how to improve
What your employee's weakness is
Whether you need to fire an employee
Your employee’s ideas for the company
When a new hire won’t last very long
What an employee’s ultimate career goals are
When you shouldn’t hire someone
When an employee asks for a raise
When an employee gives you criticism
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- JPMorgan Chase thought it had $1.3 million worth of nickel stored in a warehouse. A closer examination revealed bags of stones.
- Meet Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, the top Indian entrant in 2023 M3M Hurun Global Rich List
- Cyrus Poonawalla’s wealth grows as his health empire remains unlisted
- Adani Airports following investments as per plans submitted to govt: CEO
- Chinese leader Xi Jinping departs Russia but fails to achieve breakthrough in Ukraine conflict
- Healthcare, consumer goods minted the most Indian dollar billionaires