13 things that should never surprise a boss
- There are certain things that should never surprise a boss, from employees leaving to when a new hire won't last.
- Good managers know the signs to watch for, and keep in constant communication with their reports.
- Here are the 13 things that should not surprise a good manager.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Good bosses don't need to spy on their employees to know if they're thinking about quitting.
Certain things should never surprise a good boss. While employees will try to keep their dissatisfaction at work or external job interviews under wraps, managers should know the signs long before they get a resignation letter.
On the flip side, managers shouldn't be surprised when an employee asks for a raise or more responsibility. Good bosses should make sure to communicate regularly with direct reports so that nothing about an employee's behavior comes as a surprise.
Here are 13 things that should never come as a surprise to bosses:
When an employee quits
When an employee hates you
When an employee is bored
When your employee fails
When an employee comes to you with suggestions on how to improve
What your employee's weakness is
Whether you need to fire an employee
Your employee’s ideas for the company
When a new hire won’t last very long
What an employee’s ultimate career goals are
When you shouldn’t hire someone
When an employee asks for a raise
When an employee gives you criticism
- UltraTech to take over Kesoram's cement business in an all-share deal
- Credit score improvement requires strict disciple but it is possible – Here’s how go about it
- Stellar listing gains: Book profits if there are bumper gains say experts
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- India Squad announced for South Africa Tour - Rohit Sharma in Tests, SuryaKumar Yadav in T20s and KL Rahul in ODIs will lead