15 of the most expensive projects abandoned by the US military
But throughout the 2000s, the Pentagon spent $51.2 billion on 15 major programs "without any fielded systems to show for it," according to a new Center for Strategic and International Studies report.
The abandoned projects are largely due to a lack of funding attributed to the Budget Control Act and sequestration.
Sequestration, which is indiscriminate budget cuts across-the-board that affect every portion of the military equally, is the greatest threat to the US military currently, Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates told Business Insider.
Below are a series of military modernization projects that were canceled partially due to a lack of funds.
- Short term inflation in Pakistan hits all-time high of 46%
- Former MP and noted Malayalam actor Innocent passes away at 75
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open on a positive note amid mixed global cues: Nykaa, Bharat Electronics, Adani Total Gas among stocks in focus
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals and kitchen appliance maker Butterfly announce merger
- ICMR comes up with first ethical guidelines for application of AI in biomedical research, healthcare