15 reusable cleaning products that are more sustainable than their traditional counterparts
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- You don't have to sacrifice having a clean, tidy home when you go green - you just need to know what kinds of products are getter for the environment.
- Aside from using eco-friendly cleaning chemicals, rinvesting in reusable products like this laundry egg and these microfiber cloths is one affordable and sustainable solution to our over-reliance on wasteful products like dryer sheets and paper towels.
- Below, you'll find 15 of the best reusable cleaning products to add to your home essentials list.
Caring about the environment and caring about a clean home don't have to be mutually exclusive. Though most of the cleaning products and tools sold on the shelf are disposable, a striking amount of them are actually reusable - which is good for the environment and your wallet.
When the movement toward "green cleaning" began, there were very few products that approached the benchmark of being both high-quality and good for the Earth at the same time. Yes, there was the ol' kitchen mop and the bacteria-infested sink rag, but more often than not, reusable meant repulsive.
Today, it's hard to keep up with the number of items on the market that are working to provide a sustainable way to take care of your home, from eco-friendly chemicals to reusable dryer sheets. There are tons of ways you can do your part to take care of the environment without going out of your way or sacrificing the quality of the products you've used in the past.
Below, you'll find 15 reusable products that work well and are good for the environment (a win-win, if you ask me).
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Smart138 Reusable Dish Scrubber
Smart Sheep Wool Dryer Balls
Phaewo Silicone Dishwashing Gloves
Amazon Basics Microfiber Cloths
E-Cloth Window Cleaning Pack
Kitchen + Home Machine Washable Bamboo Towels
Real Clean Microfiber Swiffer Refills
Planet Wise Reusable Trash Liner
Amber Glass Spray Bottles
FlexiSnake Hair Clog Tool
Eco Egg Reusable Laundry Egg
Homitt Electric Spin Scrubber
Reusable Bottle Cleaner Beads
Planet Wise Reusable Sandwich Bags
Kuhn Rikon Silicone Scrubber
- Mehmet Oz says he was 'exhausted' when he filmed viral 'Wegner's' gaffe, adding it's not a big deal because 'I've gotten my kids' names wrong as well'
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- LIC Mutual Fund's large & mid cap funds offer 12.49% CAGR since inception
- Tencent fires 5.5K workers as sales down for 1st time since going public
- Centre to form panel to seek views on adopting universal charger model
- Netflix will not allow you to watch movies and shows offline in the ad-supported tier
- Toy trains for kids