17 jobs that are quickly disappearing in the US
Back to the Future/Universal Pictures
By 2026, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects more than a 20% decline in employment for 17 jobs, resulting in almost 162,000 fewer positions than 2016.
Some jobs, like locomotive firers, are being phased out as their duties are performed by other workers. Other professions, like postmaster, may be all but obsolete in the not-so-distant future thanks to technology including email, Facebook, and Twitter.
- A college is removing its vending machines after a student discovered they were using facial-recognition technology
- 11 states pay more in federal taxes than they get back - here's how every state fares
- Steve Jobs once said the best managers are 'individual contributors' who aren't interested in managing people
- Reliance, Disney announce strategic JV, Nita Ambani to be chairperson
- Fuel your morning: Wholesome South Indian breakfast ideas for health
- Vodafone Idea shares tumble 14%, mcap erodes ₹10,806.7 cr
- National parties declare income of ₹3,077 cr in 2022-23; BJP has highest share
- Human trials may reveal efficacy of new Rs 100 cancer pill: Docs