19 science-backed ways men can appear more attractive to women
- Romantic attraction is complicated.
- But scientists have generated many insights into what might make men attractive to women.
- For example, men who look older, sport a light beard, or do volunteer work are generally considered more appealing.
Romantic attraction is a complicated thing that scientists still don't completely understand.
But, through research and experimentation, they've come up with many ideas about what draws one person to another.
Below, Business Insider has rounded up some of the most compelling scientific insights about the traits and behaviors that make men more appealing to women.
The best part? None of the items on this list require you to get cosmetic surgery or do a major personality overhaul. We're talking small tweaks, like acting nicer and swapping your deodorant.
Read on for simple ways to step up your dating game.
This is an update of an article originally posted by Drake Baer.
Look for the universal signals of flirtation
Look for someone 'in your league'
Present yourself as high status
Grow a light beard
Build muscle (but not too much)
Make your partner laugh
Walk a dog
Play good music
Play extreme sports (carefully)
Wear a scented deodorant
Chow down on garlic
Do volunteer work
Show off your scars
Use open body language in your online dating photo
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip
- BMW launches its 3rd gen BMW X1 in India
- YouTube Music on the web gets mood filters
- Premium segment contributed 35% of overall smartphone market revenue in 2022
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India