2 Carnival Cruise Passengers Have Gone Missing In Australia
Authorities are conducting an air and marine search off Australia' s east coast after two
The 30-year-old man and 27-year-old woman were found to be missing after the Carnival Spirit docked at Sydney's Circular Quay this morning, said New South Wales State Police Superintendent Mark Hutchings.
The missing passengers - a couple from New South Wales - were believed to have fallen from the ship's mid-deck on Wednesday night.
"From the information that we received, we believe it's been now well over 13-14 hours that those two people have been in the water," he said.
"But as far as I'm concerned, as the commander, we are searching for them in the hope that we will find them alive out to sea."
A spokeswoman for the Australian Maritime Safety Authority, which is coordinating the search, said an airplane and helicopter plus police boats were searching a thousand-square-kilometre (300-square-nautical mile) area of sea north of Sydney.
Carnival Cruise Lines is a subsidiary of Miami-based
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- A man kept the same pair of contact lenses in for 3 years, causing permanent astigmatism and buildup behind his eyelids. His doctor said he's not responsible enough to wear contacts.
- Clarence Thomas wrote a scathing, nearly 50-page dissent about why the Supreme Court should have gutted voting rights
- India’s most gruesome murders and their deadly modus operandi
- JioTag — A pocket-friendly alternative to Apple AirTag for finding your lost belongings
- Realme 11 Pro Plus vs Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus – the under ₹30,000 phone to buy
- How Tata Communications plans to chart its financial turnaround
- Railway jobs: 12,000 recruited under 'Rozgar Mela' initiative