2 Carnival Cruise Passengers Have Gone Missing In Australia
Authorities are conducting an air and marine search off Australia' s east coast after two
The 30-year-old man and 27-year-old woman were found to be missing after the Carnival Spirit docked at Sydney's Circular Quay this morning, said New South Wales State Police Superintendent Mark Hutchings.
The missing passengers - a couple from New South Wales - were believed to have fallen from the ship's mid-deck on Wednesday night.
"From the information that we received, we believe it's been now well over 13-14 hours that those two people have been in the water," he said.
"But as far as I'm concerned, as the commander, we are searching for them in the hope that we will find them alive out to sea."
A spokeswoman for the Australian Maritime Safety Authority, which is coordinating the search, said an airplane and helicopter plus police boats were searching a thousand-square-kilometre (300-square-nautical mile) area of sea north of Sydney.
Carnival Cruise Lines is a subsidiary of Miami-based
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer
- India's data centre market sees investment commitments of USD 21.4 billion in Jan-Jun 2023: CBRE