2 of New York's top real estate brokers share their best tactic for selling a home faster and for more money
Image Courtesy of Douglas Elliman
One of their most valuable tactics for selling a property quickly and at its estimated market value is staging, which involves arranging furniture in a home to help potential buyers envision what it might look like if they were to move in. Working with a professional stager, Postilio and Conlon make the once-empty properties come alive by either using temporary furniture or arranging the owner's existing furniture in a more aesthetically appealing way.
"We put the pieces together in order to give [potential buyers] an idea of how glamorous it could be to live here," Conlon told Business Insider.
We visited the two at one of their latest properties (which has yet to go on the market) to find out about the art of staging and the effect it can have on market value.
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- India’s central bank imposes ₹1 crore penalty on the country’s biggest lender
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Amazon's campaign encourages customers to thank its associates and share their happiness with frontline teams
- Brazilians bought more than $4 billion in cryptocurrencies this year as the country looks to regulate Bitcoin
- If you are a pensioner, you can submit Jeevan Pramaan sitting at home — Here is what you need to do