2 women say Dustin Hoffman sexually assaulted them, and a third says he exposed himself to her when she was 16
- Two more women have alleged Dustin Hoffman sexually assaulted them.
- A third woman has accused the actor of exposing himself to her when she was 16 years old.
Two more women have accused Dustin Hoffman of sexual assault, and a third said the actor exposed himself to her when she was 16 years old, Variety reported Thursday.
Hoffman's attorney called the allegations "defamatory falsehoods" in a statement to Variety.
This report comes on the heels of multiple women making similar accusations against the actor, including actress Kathryn Rossetter, who alleged in a Hollywood Reporter column that Hoffman groped her constantly when the two starred in the 1983 Broadway revival of "Death of a Salesman."
"He was standing there naked"
Cori Thomas told Variety that she was a high schooler when Hoffman exposed himself to her in a hotel room in 1980. Thomas was 16 years old and a classmate of Hoffman's daughter, Karina. The three spent a Sunday afternoon together in New York while Hoffman was in the midst of a divorce from his first wife, she said. While waiting to get picked up by her parents after Hoffman's daughter had gone to her mother's, Thomas said Hoffman went to the bathroom, started the shower, and came out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist - which he then dropped.
"He was standing there naked," Thomas told Variety. "I think I almost collapsed, actually. It was the first time I had ever seen a naked man ... He stood there. He took his time." Hoffman asked for her to massage his feet, which she did, she said. Then her mother arrived to pick her up.
"He literally just stuck his fingers down my pants"
Melissa Kester told Variety that she was a recent college graduate working on the film "Ishtar" (1987) when Hoffman allegedly sexually assaulted her. Her boyfriend at the time was doing music for the movie, and she went with him a few times to the studio where Hoffman was recording vocal tracks for one of the film's songs, she said. During one visit while Hoffman was in the recording booth, he suddenly put his hands down her pants, she said.
"As he's doing that, he literally just stuck his fingers down my pants," Kester told Variety. "He put his fingers inside me. And the thing I feel most bad about is I didn't know what to do. I just stood there. I just froze in the situation like 'Oh my God, what is happening?' It's shocking when that happens to you." She said it went on for 15-20 seconds and after he was done with the take, she left the booth and went into the bathroom and cried.
In a crowded car
A third woman, who asked to remain anonymous, also told Variety that Hoffman assaulted her while working on "Ishtar." The woman was 22 at the time and didn't have a speaking role in the movie. She said Hoffman offered her a ride home from the wrap party, and in a car filled with people, Hoffman put his hand up her skirt and stuck his fingers inside her. Later, she met Hoffman at his hotel where he preformed oral sex on her and they had sex, she said.
When Variety asked if the encounter in the station wagon was non-consensual, she said, "Yes." When asked if the encounter in the hotel room was also, she said, "I don't know."
Business Insider contacted Hoffman's representative for comment but did not get an immediate response. In a letter to Variety's owner Penske Media Corp., Hoffman's attorney Mark A. Neubauer of Carlton Fields Jordan Burt said the accusations against Hoffman "defamatory falsehoods."
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- JPMorgan Chase thought it had $1.3 million worth of nickel stored in a warehouse. A closer examination revealed bags of stones.
- Meet Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, the top Indian entrant in 2023 M3M Hurun Global Rich List
- Cyrus Poonawalla’s wealth grows as his health empire remains unlisted
- Adani Airports following investments as per plans submitted to govt: CEO
- Chinese leader Xi Jinping departs Russia but fails to achieve breakthrough in Ukraine conflict
- Healthcare, consumer goods minted the most Indian dollar billionaires