20 cognitive biases that screw up your decisions
You make thousands of rational decisions every day - or so you think.
From what you'll eat throughout the day to whether you should make a big career move, research suggests that there are a number of cognitive stumbling blocks that affect your behavior, and they can prevent you from acting in your own best interests.
Here, we've rounded up the most common biases that screw up our decision-making.
Samantha Lee/Business Insider
Gus Lubin and Shana Lebowitz contributed to this article.
- IPO gold rush: All but 4 IPOs in FY24 gave positive returns on listing
- Earnings preview: Q2 to be another washout quarter for IT sector, market to focus on execution
- Google Pixel 8, Pixel 8 Pro and Pixel Watch 2 launched with improved AI features
- Moto G54 5G review – affordable option with a large battery
- Reliance Brands forges partnership with ‘urban cool’ fashion brand Superdry