20 'pink-collar' jobs dominated by women
View all Offers
While more and more men are donning the pink-collar and facing the social stigma associated with "women's work," numbers tell us that we have a long way to go when it comes to evening out representation in certain fields.
One of these occupations is nursing. Nine out of 10 registered nurses are female.
Other occupations where women are highly concentrated include human resources manager, social worker, and counselor.
Economists warn against such staggering disproportions, and believe that more integrated occupations would make the economy more efficient.
Behavioral economist, Teresa Ghilarducci, told the New York Times that artificial barriers, such as the stigma around "women's work," make it more difficult for companies to find the best matches when hiring.
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- Best budget external hard disk drives under ₹4,000 in India
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover