21 mind-blowing psychology findings that explain the baffling choices you make every day
If you assume that you understand why you think and act the way you do, you're probably wrong.
Decades of psychological research suggest that people behave in ways that are mysterious and perplexing - even to themselves.
We sifted through the Quora thread, "What are some mind-blowing facts about social psychology?" and pulled out the most fascinating findings. (Some fall outside the realms of social psychology, but we thought they were worth including.)
Read on to find out why we label other people jerks and ourselves victims of circumstance; why powerful people are messier eaters; and why we'd rather give ourselves electric shocks than sit alone for 15 minutes (seriously).
Popular on BI
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Govt intervention critical to remove green financing barriers, IPCC report stresses as we move towards 3.5°C warming
- BYJU's set to raise $250 million, at a lower valuation
- Piramal Realty inks deal with Jio-bp to install EV charging stations at its properties
- Sensex halts 2-day gaining streak, falls 290 pts to close below 58K
- Global IT services firm Accenture slashes 19,000 jobs, tech mayhem deepens