24 American hotels every luxury traveler should visit in 2019
- Elite Traveler recently published a list of Top 100 Hotels across nine regions around the world.
- Of the Top 100, 24 were American hotels. The majority were located in New York City, including the well-known St. Regis and Plaza hotels.
- Others were located near national and state parks, including luxury resorts near Jackson Hole, Wyoming and Big Sur, California.
This month, Elite Traveler released its annual list of Top 100 Hotels from around the world. Several of these hotels were featured in other national rankings, including reports by Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure.
The 24 American hotels on the list include seven locations in New York, followed by two in Beverly Hills. Other notable mentions include ski spots in Colorado and Vermont, along with a historic stay in Watch Hill, a popular east coast destination for the wealthy that's comparable to the Hamptons.
If you are interested in traveling overseas instead, consider looking into the 27 best hotels in Europe.
Keep reading to review the top hotels in America. Prices were estimated based on reservations one month in advance, or the first available opening.
Amangani: Jackson, Wyoming
Baccarat Hotel: New York, New York
Blackberry Farm: Walland, Tennessee
Four Seasons Hotel: New York, New York
Four Seasons Resort Hualalai: Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Four Seasons Resort Lanai: Lanai, Hawaii
Inn at Little Washington: Washington, Virginia
Mandarin Oriental: New York, New York
Meadowood Napa Valley: St. Helena, California
Ocean House: Watch Hill, Rhode Island
Park Hyatt: New York, New York
Peninsula Chicago: Chicago, Illinois
Peninsula New York: New York, New York
Post Ranch Inn: Big Sur, California
The Beverly Hills Hotel: Beverly Hills, California
The Cloister at Sea Island: Sea Island, Georgia
The Encore at Wynn: Las Vegas, Nevada
The Little Nell: Aspen, Colorado
The Plaza: New York, New York
The Point: Saranac Lake, New York
The St. Regis: New York, New York
The Venetian: Las Vegas, Nevada
Twin Farms: Barnard, Vermont
Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills: Beverly Hills, California
- India's income inequality is so bad that's weighing down the avg in both South Asia and SouthEast Asia
- Meet the Indian-origin women CEOs who are leading the way for major global companies
- SuperRare NFT sells for more than $2 million — a 20,000-fold increase in value over three years
- Microsoft to skill 1 lakh Indians in cybersecurity by 2022
- Love procrastinating? It can help you earn Rs 1 lakh by applying for Chief Excuse Officer at Cultbike.fit