26 cars that will disappear from US car dealerships forever in 2020
- In the US, 22 car models are not coming back in 2020 or getting phased out that year.
- Most of the models are being retired to make room for new models, in many cases sedans in favor of crossovers and SUVs.
- The list includes some iconic cars such as the Fiat 500 and Volkswagen Beetle.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Fiat is also killing one of its most recognizable models, the Fiat 500, in the US. The 500 has been in production since 1957, but was first introduced to the United States in 2011. However, sales have been declining since its introduction to the market eight years ago.
Most of the cars are being taken out of production because of falling sales, or to make room for new cars. This includes Ford, which is killing the Fiesta, Fusion, Taurus, and C-Max sedan and hatchback models as it shifts focus to crossovers and SUVs.
Here are the 22 cars that will no longer be in production in the next year, and are being phased out forever:
Audi A3 Cabriolet
BMW 3 Series GT
BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe and 6 Series GT
Cadillac ATS and ATS-V
Cadillac CTS Sedan
Lexus GS 300
Nissan 370Z Roadster
Toyota Prius C
Volkswagen Golf SportWagen
Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
Nissan Rogue Hybrid
- New SIM card rules from Dec 1 include bulk purchase restrictions – All you need to know
- Netflix to bring popular game 'GTA: The Trilogy' on its mobile app in Dec
- Resilient India to outperform most global economies in FY24, says Client Associates
- Embrace the winter warmth: Unveiling the benefits and uses of ginger
- Love bombing, AI-powered humour: Dating trends popular with the young