26-year-old YouTube star Shane Dawson just came out as bisexual in a video
The 15-minute video has already been viewed over 1.6 million times, E! Online reports.
"I can't honestly say I'm gay. I can't honestly say I'm straight," Dawson explains in the video. "But I can honestly say that I am open to love in any way and I guess that makes me bisexual."
Dawson has spent years struggling with his sexuality. Prior to sharing the video, he says he had only come out to one person, his therapist.
He says he often wished he was "100% gay," because being gay is more widely accepted than being bisexual, according to Dawson.
In the video, Dawson explains despite having several long-term relationships with women, including one with fellow YouTuber Lisa Schwartz, he always felt "sexually confused."
After years of secrecy, Dawson says he just wants to live his life as openly and honestly as possible.
"I don't want to lie," he says. "I just want to be happy."
thank u guys for the support. i know "bisexual" is something that gets made fun of & its scary to talk about it but just know u arent alone.- Shane Dawson (@shanedawson) July 7, 2015
Like many YouTube stars who have chosen to use social-media to publicly come out, Dawson hopes his story can inspire others. "I'm making this video because I feel like it could help a lot of people," he says.
Check out Dawson's video here or below.
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden
- Global trends, macroeconomic data to drive equity markets this week: Analysts
- New Parliament building inauguration: 'Sarva-Dharma Prarthana' ceremony held
- List of Famous things to buy in Coorg