5 reasons which prove Raghuram Rajan is the James Bond of Dalal Street!
1. “I don’t know what you want to call me- Santa Claus or Hawk... My name is Raghuram Rajan and I do what I do.” Period.
2. “Today’s 0.5 per cent rate cut based on progress on the ground; It’s not any Diwali bonus.”
Though James Bond was never known to be humble, Rajan is always the epitome of humility, another trait that makes him such a venerable personality.
This reminds us of his previous stances with the Government too. Remember the time when the Central Govt, behaving like a Hawk, would swoop down on him every now and then pressuring him to cut rates further.
4. "Govt has a right and there is a clause in the
5. "There has been a healthy respect between the govt and the central bank. Central Bank ultimately decides the course of monetary policy." Subtle reminder to the Government that RBI knows what they are doing.
(Image credits: Indiatimes)
- Odisha bans Kanwar yatra due to Covid-19
- COVID-19: Indian dozes off at Dubai airport, misses repatriation flight
- AMC sets up mobile vans to provide non-COVID healthcare service
- Madhya Pradesh government suspends inter-state buse services
- COVID-19: Rs 50 fine in Bihar for not wearing mask at offices, public places