5 reasons which prove Raghuram Rajan is the James Bond of Dalal Street!
1. “I don’t know what you want to call me- Santa Claus or Hawk... My name is Raghuram Rajan and I do what I do.” Period.
2. “Today’s 0.5 per cent rate cut based on progress on the ground; It’s not any Diwali bonus.”
Though James Bond was never known to be humble, Rajan is always the epitome of humility, another trait that makes him such a venerable personality.
This reminds us of his previous stances with the Government too. Remember the time when the Central Govt, behaving like a Hawk, would swoop down on him every now and then pressuring him to cut rates further.
4. "Govt has a right and there is a clause in the
5. "There has been a healthy respect between the govt and the central bank. Central Bank ultimately decides the course of monetary policy." Subtle reminder to the Government that RBI knows what they are doing.
(Image credits: Indiatimes)
Popular on BI
- S&P cuts India's growth forecast to 7% for FY23
- Digital lending platforms see 3x year-on-year rise in disbursals to ₹14,016 crore in Q2 FY23
- China reports sharp spike in Covid-19 cases amid protests against President Xi Jinping, lockdowns
- iPhone 15 features roundup – Ultra variant, solid-state buttons, USB Type-C port, and more
- India ranks 3rd in millionaire outmigration in 2022, but it’s still churning out more millionaires than it is losing: Henley & Partners