5 reasons which prove Raghuram Rajan is the James Bond of Dalal Street!
1. “I don’t know what you want to call me- Santa Claus or Hawk... My name is Raghuram Rajan and I do what I do.” Period.
2. “Today’s 0.5 per cent rate cut based on progress on the ground; It’s not any Diwali bonus.”
Though James Bond was never known to be humble, Rajan is always the epitome of humility, another trait that makes him such a venerable personality.
This reminds us of his previous stances with the Government too. Remember the time when the Central Govt, behaving like a Hawk, would swoop down on him every now and then pressuring him to cut rates further.
4. "Govt has a right and there is a clause in the
5. "There has been a healthy respect between the govt and the central bank. Central Bank ultimately decides the course of monetary policy." Subtle reminder to the Government that RBI knows what they are doing.
(Image credits: Indiatimes)
Popular on BI
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038
- List of famous things to buy in Shimla
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Screen-sharing and usernames on WhatsApp soon: All you need to know
- Businesses with turnover of over Rs 5 crore to generate e-invoice from August 1