50 of the most successful people in the world in the past year
Andrew Lipovsky/NBC; Alex Wong/Getty; Hollis Johnson/Shayanne Gal/Business Insider
- Success isn't confined to just one measure or definition.
- We rounded up some of the most successful people of the past year based on their influence and achievements in their field and industry.
- From the leaders shaping Silicon Valley to the creatives who are making Hollywood more diverse, the list spans a variety of industries with various types of impact.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
There's no one way to define success - it comes in many shapes and forms.
Looking at various measures of success, we rounded up some of the most accomplished, influential people of the past year. We determined this list based on candidates' achievements in their field or industry and influence throughout 2018 and into the first four months of 2019. We also took net worth and name recognition into consideration.
From tech and sports to entertainment and fashion, the list spans a variety of industries. There's the world's youngest self-made billionaire, the Salinger of the millennial generation, the record-breaking superstar, the athlete with the most Super Bowl wins, the leaders shaping Silicon Valley, and the creatives who have opened up the door for diversity in Hollywood.
See below for some of the most successful people in the past year, ranked by birth year from youngest to oldest.
George R.R. Martin
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore