50 of the most successful people in the world in the past year
Andrew Lipovsky/NBC; Alex Wong/Getty; Hollis Johnson/Shayanne Gal/Business Insider
- Success isn't confined to just one measure or definition.
- We rounded up some of the most successful people of the past year based on their influence and achievements in their field and industry.
- From the leaders shaping Silicon Valley to the creatives who are making Hollywood more diverse, the list spans a variety of industries with various types of impact.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
There's no one way to define success - it comes in many shapes and forms.
Looking at various measures of success, we rounded up some of the most accomplished, influential people of the past year. We determined this list based on candidates' achievements in their field or industry and influence throughout 2018 and into the first four months of 2019. We also took net worth and name recognition into consideration.
From tech and sports to entertainment and fashion, the list spans a variety of industries. There's the world's youngest self-made billionaire, the Salinger of the millennial generation, the record-breaking superstar, the athlete with the most Super Bowl wins, the leaders shaping Silicon Valley, and the creatives who have opened up the door for diversity in Hollywood.
See below for some of the most successful people in the past year, ranked by birth year from youngest to oldest.
George R.R. Martin
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- ISRO announces free online course for students above 10 years – eligibility, how to apply and everything you need to know
- Gautam Adani crashes out of the $100 billion club, but still is 10x richer than he was 2 years back
- Understanding Gautam Adani’s rise: a story on how to generate wealth via hope, equity and of course debt
- Theatres cross pre-pandemic gross revenue collection despite pricey movie tickets
- Former Twitter India head quits his latest metaverse edtech venture
- Realme Pad X tablet with Snapdragon processor launched in China, coming soon to India – check out price, specifications and features
- Amid rumours of Telegram Premium, the messaging app reportedly drops its ‘free forever’ tag line
- Third-party apps connected to your car may be stealing your data