50 once beloved cars that have been discontinued
- People's tastes in automobile design change over time, and many once beloved vehicles are no longer being manufactured.
- Some of the most beloved cars that are no longer in production include models from Cadillac, Chevrolet, Lotus, and Hummer.
- Here are 50 cars that were once the pride and joy of motorists everywhere, but will never be seen brand new again.
Some car models aren't going anywhere any time soon.
Take the Ford Mustang: since its first production year back in 1965, new 'Stangs have rolled off the factory line ever since.
So too have mainstay family cars like the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord, both of which have enjoyed several decades of production with no end in sight.
Other cars experience the occasional production hiatus, such the Chevrolet Camaro, only to return redesigned and re-released a few years later.
Still other cars go out of production for good. And for every Pinto or El Camino that was rightly mothballed due to performance woes or wretched aesthetics, dozens of once beloved cars have also been discontinued.
Here are 50 cars that aren't being made anymore:
Cadillac Coupe DeVille
Cadillac El Dorado
Chrysler Town & Country
Ferrari 308 GTS
Honda Del Sol
Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am
Shelby AC Cobra
MTX Tatra V8
VW Karmann Ghia
VW Type 2
- Sennheiser Profile USB Streaming Set review: The go-to microphone for those starting their streaming or podcasting journey
- LIC to Wipro and Vodafone Idea: Stocks which hit a new 52-week low today
- Project Tiger to complete 50 years of tiger conservation next month
- Early-stage startups keen on hiring for mid and junior roles, says a FICCI survey
- SEBI recovers dues worth ₹6.57 crore from Sahara Group firms, Subrata Roy & others