6.1-magnitude earthquake strikes southeast of Tonga
The quake hit 277 kms (172.12 miles) south-southeast of the capital Nuku'alofa at a depth of 66 kms, the USGS said.
The USGS initially tweeted that the earthquake was magnitude 5.8, later upgrading the number.
A powerful earthquakes hit Ecuador on Saturday, killing more than 70 people, and two consecutive nights of earthquakes rocked Japan Thursday and Friday. More than 1,500 people were injured in the two earthquakes.
- Astronomers find planet that seems too humongous to be orbiting its parent star!
- Penguins employ thousands of microsleeps to achieve 11 hours' slumber daily!
- Ashok Gehlot: Magician leaves centre stage in Rajasthan
- Trauma made Abrar an 'Animal': Bobby Deol on his negative role
- Victory of Modi's guarantees, say BJP leaders as party sweeps states states