6 haunted houses that were once worth over $1 million
- Many haunted houses have been put up on the market in recent years, and the prices to live in one of these homes may surprise you.
- Despite their murderous or paranormal reputations, many haunted homes fetch millions when they're put up on the market.
- However, some haunted houses have lost their value over the years, perhaps due to either their sinister reputations or just dilapidation over time.
- Here are six notorious haunted houses that were once on the market for more than $1 million, but are now worth much less.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
One of the most common horror movie plotlines involves innocent folks believing they're getting an incredible deal on a new home, only to discover the place is haunted. However, what if that were to happen in real life?
Many homes are made only more valuable due to their haunted reputations. Some haunted houses become tourist attractions or even the subjects of big Hollywood horror franchises, attracting fans from across the world to their doors. However, other haunted houses have only been sold after dramatic price cuts.
We consulted Zillow records to determine the price history of some of America's most notorious haunted houses. While they were all priced at more than $1 million at one point, they are all now worth considerably less, either due to changing housing markets, dilapidation, or perhaps even paranormal occurrences scaring away buyers.
Here are six haunted houses that were once worth millions, but are now worth much less.
Amityville Horror House, Long Island, NY
Charming Forge Mansion, Womelsdorf, PA
Franklin Castle, Cleveland, OH
LaLaurie Mansion, New Orleans, LA
Pillars Estate, Albion, NY
Sallie House, Atchison, KS
- Odisha government takes back 871 acres of land in Cuttack from Tata Power
- India assures food aid to countries 'most in need' despite export controls
- ITC, Aditya Birla Fashion, LIC Housing Finance among stocks to watch out for on May 19
- Delhivery IPO: Here’s how you can check the allotment status
- Ways to save more money after your monthly expenses
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Indian Rupee
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Disney+hotstar Subscribers
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Matheesha Pathirana
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction