6 owners of tiny homes reveal how much they spend each month on housing
Frank Olito/ Insider
- Residents in the Orlando Lakefront tiny house community typically spend less than $1,000 per month on home-related expenses.
- Elizabeth Silva spends just $600 per month on her housing expenses, which include rent, internet, utilities, and insurance.
- Meanwhile, Mickie Boehm spends $1,000 per month on the same expenses.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Tiny homes can cost anywhere from $8,000 to $150,000 to build, which is far less than the cost of the average standard size home in the US. And the savings don't stop there.
Living in - and maintaining- a tiny home is typically less expensive, as well. Nobody knows this better than the residents of Orlando Lakefront, a tiny house community in Florida. In fact, the owner of the community, Adam Money, told Business Insider that people who live in tiny houses typically save $2,000 a month.
After speaking with six homeowners in the community, it's clear that most spend less than $1,000 on expenses every month. Keep reading to see how their expenses break down.
Mickie Boehm — who has lived in a 250-square-foot tiny house with her husband since July 2018 — spends about $1,000 per month on expenses.
Amanda Burger lives in her 26-foot-long tiny house with two small children. She spends almost $1,000 per month on expenses.
DJ Gilley has lived in her 220-square-foot home since February 2019 and spends about $745 per month on expenses.
Misty Gilley spends about $645 per month on expenses related to her 240-square-foot home.
Elizabeth Silva has lived in her 170-square-foot tiny house since August 2019 and spends about $640 per month on expenses.
Li-Mor Raviv's 320-square-foot home is still being built, but her monthly expenses are already $600.
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade