6 reasons why more millennials aren't buying homes
The age range of millennials - Bank of America Merrill Lynch economists used 25 to 34 - is usually prime time for purchasing a first family home. That demographic factor is one reason why some housing economists are bullish on demand.
However, the data has not yet caught up.
"We believe the delay in homeownership is due to tighter credit standard and lifestyle changes, including delayed marriage and children," wrote Michelle Meyer, a US economist at BAML, in a recent note.
"We do not expect these factors to change in the medium term, keeping the homeownership rate low for young adults."
The following charts illustrate some of these factors.
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders