6 reasons why more millennials aren't buying homes
The age range of millennials - Bank of America Merrill Lynch economists used 25 to 34 - is usually prime time for purchasing a first family home. That demographic factor is one reason why some housing economists are bullish on demand.
However, the data has not yet caught up.
"We believe the delay in homeownership is due to tighter credit standard and lifestyle changes, including delayed marriage and children," wrote Michelle Meyer, a US economist at BAML, in a recent note.
"We do not expect these factors to change in the medium term, keeping the homeownership rate low for young adults."
The following charts illustrate some of these factors.
- Prunes: Nature's sweet secret to wellness
- A good season ahead for cement companies with price hikes
- Apricots: A nutrient-packed fruit for health and culinary delights
- Startup funding hits a 5-year low in July-September quarter
- Mobile phone exports from India cross Rs 45,000 cr in April-Aug period, Apple leads