6 reasons why more millennials aren't buying homes
The age range of millennials - Bank of America Merrill Lynch economists used 25 to 34 - is usually prime time for purchasing a first family home. That demographic factor is one reason why some housing economists are bullish on demand.
However, the data has not yet caught up.
"We believe the delay in homeownership is due to tighter credit standard and lifestyle changes, including delayed marriage and children," wrote Michelle Meyer, a US economist at BAML, in a recent note.
"We do not expect these factors to change in the medium term, keeping the homeownership rate low for young adults."
The following charts illustrate some of these factors.
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- All 81 movies based on Marvel comics, ranked according to critics
- EY and Deloitte are scrutinizing staff workloads and quietly letting some workers go, report says
- Sensex, Nifty trade with marginal gains in early session
- Audio series catch on as Indians spend up to 1.5 hours per day listening to them
- Family Business Succession Planning
- Delhi govt issues guidelines for handling end-of-life vehicles in public places
- Signal launches usernames to keep your phone number private