6 reasons you should buy the iPhone 8 over the new iPhone XS
Avery HartmansSep 16, 2018, 18:30 IST
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
Apple may have just unveiled brand-new iPhones, but there's still plenty to like about its older devices - and they're now cheaper than ever before.
After introducing the iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max on Wednesday, Apple dropped the prices of some of its older devices. While the priciest iPhone now exceeds $1,100, a year-old phone like the iPhone 8 will set you back a more manageable $600. AdvertisementAnd the price isn't the only thing to love about the iPhone 8 - its design and specs are still competitive with Apple's new flagship phone.
Here are 6 reasons to still buy the iPhone 8 over the new iPhone XS:
1. The iPhone 8 costs $400 less than the iPhone XS.
2. The iPhone 8 is lighter and thinner than the iPhone XS.
3. The iPhone 8 is water resistant and has wireless charging, just like the iPhone XS.
4. The iPhone 8 has a home button and a fingerprint scanner.
5. The iPhone 8 has an advanced camera that's almost on par with the iPhone XS.
The iPhone 8 will get iOS 12, the latest version of Apple's smartphone operating system — the same software powering the iPhone XS.