7 billionaires who have Warren Buffett to thank for their fortunes
- The success of Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway has made at least seven people and families billionaires, including former Tennesee Gov. Bill Haslam.
- The Berkshire Hathaway billionaires include employees, early investors, and the former owners of businesses purchased by the Omaha-based conglomerate.
- Buffett himself has a net worth of $79.7 billion, according to Forbes.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Warren Buffett isn't the only person to benefit from Berkshire Hathaway's success.
At least seven other individuals and families have become billionaires thanks to their stakes in the Omaha-based conglomerate, Bloomberg reported in May 2019. And not all of the Berkshire Hathaway billionaires were early investors: One was an early employee, while several others sold their businesses to Berkshire Hathaway for stock instead of cash.
No Berkshire investor is wealthier than Bill Gates. Gates personally owns some shares of Berkshire Hathaway, in addition to the shares owned by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, according to CNN. Of course, the majority of Gates' $103.5 billion fortune comes from his stake in Microsoft, Forbes reports. Gates is wealthier than Buffett himself, who currently has an estimated net worth of $79.7 billion, according to Forbes.
Keep reading to learn more about the Berkshire Hathaway billionaires.
Stewart Horejsi first invested in Berkshire Hathaway after reading about Buffett's investment strategy.
Charlie Munger is Berkshire Hathaway's long-time vice-chairman.
David Gottesman's investment firm First Manhattan Co. made an early investment in Berkshire Hathaway.
Albert Ueltschi sold his aviation training company to Berkshire Hathaway in exchange for shares in the investment firm.
Larry Van Tuyl sold a controlling interest in his family's car dealerships to Berkshire Hathaway for $4.1 billion in stock in March 2015.
Walter Scott owns 8% of Berkshire Hathaway's utilities division.
The family of former Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam sold their chain of truck stops to Berkshire Hathaway in 2017.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 review: Value champion in the Android smartwatch space
- Best iPhone under ₹30,000
- Best earbuds under ₹1500
- Nykaa enters into a JV with Dubai-based fashion retailer Apparel Group
- Axis MF launches a Nasdaq 100 focused Fund of Fund
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World