7 signs you're building wealth faster than you think
Michael Cole/Getty Images
- If you're maxing out a retirement plan and being mindful of your investments, you may be on the fast track to building wealth.
- To be sure, most people don't get rich overnight. But, if you avoid high-interest debt, are focused on increasing your income, and have clear goals and a plan to achieve them, you're doing better than you think.
- Need help building wealth? SmartAsset's free tool can help find a financial planner near you»
You have to commit to building wealth - it rarely happens by accident.
Below, seven signs you could be rich sooner than you realize.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Personal Finance Insider team. We occasionally highlight financial products and services that can help you make smarter decisions with your money. We do not give investment advice or encourage you to adopt a certain investment strategy. What you decide to do with your money is up to you. If you take action based on one of our recommendations, we get a small share of the revenue from our commerce partners. This does not influence whether we feature a financial product or service. We operate independently from our advertising sales team.
1. You max out your retirement accounts every year
2. You're thoughtful, but not obsessive, about your investment choices
3. You're focused on the 'big wins'
4. You don't keep too much cash
5. Your income is higher than last year, but your spending hasn't changed
6. You have no high-interest debt
7. You have financial goals and a plan to achieve them
- Airlines can now operate 85% of pre-Covid domestic flights, says Aviation Ministry
- Yes Bank-DHFL case: No sympathy, says court, Rana Kapoor's wife, daughters remanded to judicial custody
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh resigns amid ongoing turmoil in Congress
- Future of Work 2021: Work from home is here now, but people demand some physical sense at work
- Deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linkage extended till March 2022