7 women try Universal Standard's new size-inclusive line of jeans that goes from 00 to 40 - here's the verdict
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Universal Standard is a size-inclusive clothing brand that's making high-quality, stylish basics for women of all shapes and sizes.
- The brand's latest collection, Denim by (US) boasts a wide range of comfortable, cute jeans in sizes 00-40.
- A group of women at Business Insider had the opportunity to try the jeans for ourselves. Our size pool only ran up to a 16 because that's who responded to our open call for volunteer testers at Insider Inc., but we're confident our positive experience will apply for sizes across the board.
- You can find what we thought about the new line below, or get straight to shopping the collection here.
For many women, shopping with friends is just a fun way to spend an afternoon. For Alexandra Waldman and Polina Veksler, it was one of these department store excursions that turned the friends into cofounders of a fashion brand that's championing inclusivity like you've never seen it before.
When shopping, Waldman couldn't fashionable, high-quality clothing in her size. "I wanted to wear what was available to smaller women, and there was nothing like that on the market," she tells Business Insider. With recent data showing the average American woman is between size 16 to 18, the lack of stylish options in larger sizes signifies a huge hole in the market. Someone had to start filling the gap, so Waldman and Veksler got right to it.
Universal Standard is leveling the playing field by offering high-quality wardrobe staples for all women, with sizes ranging from 00-40. Over the past four years, the brand has been providing shoppers with the modern, high-quality, beautiful basics they deserve. Just a few months ago, they released a new collection, what Waldman says is the "holy grail item" of most wardrobes.
If you're thinking denim, you're right.
There's nothing like slipping on a pair of jeans that fits perfectly. "It's classic and the wardrobe equivalent of a comfort zone," Waldman says. Denim by (US) is the brand's attempt at making great jeans that all women can feel good wearing - and after trying them ourselves, we think they did a pretty great job.
This collection is the largest size run of denim in the world, servicing women sizes 00-40, in regular, tall, and petite lengths. And, each size was created with all women - not just fit models - in mind. Universal Standard even realeased a new "See it in My Size" feature, that lets you see the pants worn on real women in any size across the entire collection. All of the jeans are made with a comfy high-stretch fabric, come in a range of washes and styles, and cost $90.
We were lucky enough to get to try the jeans. A group of eight women, spanning a range of sizes (though admittedly limited in nature since participants only included volunteers from around Insider Inc.), tried out different styles and washes to put this size-inclusive denim to the test. Though we recognize our review doesn't encompass the entire size spectrum of the line, we're confident that our positive experience with sizes up to a 16 will translate for everyone.
You can find our in-depth reviews below, but if you just want the spoiler, we were generally impressed with how comfortable, stylish, and flattering the jeans were across the board.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
- Impact of AI on Customer Service
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams