8 creepy-sexy film noir flicks you can watch on Netflix right now
De Laurentiis Entertainment Group
French film critic Nino Frank came up with the term "film noir" (translation: "black cinema") back in 1946 to describe Hollywood films with dark themes.
Fast forward to today: you can peruse 100 of the most iconic film noir flicks from the past century in Taschen's weighty new tome, Film Noir. 100 All-Time Favorites.
And currently, you can watch eight of these films on Netflix. Taken together, books and movies make for the perfect weekend binge.
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study
- Don't need to go big to go home: Australia is turning to sustainable 'tiny houses' to fix their housing crisis!
- Affordability levels to buy homes hit in last 2 years; to improve in 2024 on likely repo rate cut: JLL
- Carbon tax turns into climate fight at COP28
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts