8 Netflix original shows that critics hate but are actually great
- TV critics don't always get it right, and they've been particularly off-base on a few Netflix original series.
- Here, author Caroline Frost lists eight Netflix shows that critics hated but that are actually worth your while.
With Netflix's library of original content getting ever larger, it makes sense that people will tend to follow their favorite critics in deciding what to watch and what to avoid.
However, critics don't always get it right. Though shows like "The Crown" and "GLOW" have hit the spot with critics and viewers alike, plenty of other titles have left the critics cold while winning over the public.
Here are eight Netflix original shows that were dead on arrival according to their critic scores on Rotten Tomatoes, but that are actually worth your while. And it's not just me saying so, judging by their impressive audience scores.
'13 Reasons Why'
'The Good Cop'
'Friends from College'
'Marvel's Iron Fist'
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Bankrupt Sintex Industries' stock double after RIL showed interest to acquire it
- Omicron COVID-19: Kerala orders 7 days quarantine for arrivals from high risk countries
- In India, less than one in every 10,000 jabs have led to serious adverse reactions — not necessarily due to the vaccine
- After taking us on a nostalgia trip by featuring 90s stars like Rahul Dravid and Jackie Shroff in its ads, CRED is back at it again, this time with Chacha Chaudhary and Suppandi
- Top 10 most wicket-takers for India in the history of Test Cricket