8 Netflix original shows that critics hate but are actually great
- TV critics don't always get it right, and they've been particularly off-base on a few Netflix original series.
- Here, author Caroline Frost lists eight Netflix shows that critics hated but that are actually worth your while.
With Netflix's library of original content getting ever larger, it makes sense that people will tend to follow their favorite critics in deciding what to watch and what to avoid.
However, critics don't always get it right. Though shows like "The Crown" and "GLOW" have hit the spot with critics and viewers alike, plenty of other titles have left the critics cold while winning over the public.
Here are eight Netflix original shows that were dead on arrival according to their critic scores on Rotten Tomatoes, but that are actually worth your while. And it's not just me saying so, judging by their impressive audience scores.
'13 Reasons Why'
'The Good Cop'
'Friends from College'
'Marvel's Iron Fist'
Popular on BI
- First Citizens Bank reaches deal to purchase deposits, loans of Silicon Valley Bank
- Opportunity must be given to borrowers before banks declare their account as fraud: SC
- Global financial stability at risk from banking turmoil: IMF chief
- India’s active Covid cases cross 10,000 for the first time in 134 days; Union Secy to hold meeting
- Campa has to go beyond invitation price to build the brand & distribution network