8 networking tips for people who hate networking
- Networking can be intimidating, whether you're introverted, have social anxiety, or just simply don't enjoy meeting new people.
- Being able to network and build new relationships is an important professional and life skill for success.
- Networking doesn't have to be hard - here are tips to help you network through your dislike for networking.
Whether you're introverted, someone who experiences social anxiety, or you simply hate networking, meeting new people in a professional context can be intimidating. But believe it or not, making a successful connection through networking doesn't have feel like work.
AdvertisementHere, two experts highlight their best networking tips to help you survive - and thrive - at your next networking opportunity.
1. Reframe 'networking' in terms of the relationship
2. Set yourself up for successAdvertisement
3. Recruit a friend
4. Find the sweet spotAdvertisement
5. Eliminate aimlessness
6. Look for a 'I feel the same way' momentAdvertisement
7. Leverage the “value add”
8. Take a long-term approachAdvertisement
- Russia to produce Sputnik V Covid vaccine in India
- Malaria No More India and Times Bridge launch a Google Assistant feature that will answer people’s queries on malaria
- Burger King India is all set to float its ₹810 crore IPO next week — Here are the details
- Bitcoin’s record run over seven weeks makes a sharp U-turn but experts call it a healthy correction
- ‘SBI No $1B Adani loan’ — a screaming sign interrupts India vs Australia first ODI at Sydney