8 networking tips for people who hate networking
- Networking can be intimidating, whether you're introverted, have social anxiety, or just simply don't enjoy meeting new people.
- Being able to network and build new relationships is an important professional and life skill for success.
- Networking doesn't have to be hard - here are tips to help you network through your dislike for networking.
Whether you're introverted, someone who experiences social anxiety, or you simply hate networking, meeting new people in a professional context can be intimidating. But believe it or not, making a successful connection through networking doesn't have feel like work.
AdvertisementHere, two experts highlight their best networking tips to help you survive - and thrive - at your next networking opportunity.
1. Reframe 'networking' in terms of the relationship
2. Set yourself up for success
3. Recruit a friend
4. Find the sweet spot
5. Eliminate aimlessness
6. Look for a 'I feel the same way' moment
7. Leverage the “value add”
8. Take a long-term approach
- Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
- Sequoia and PayPal-backed Pine Labs completes a first close of $285 million funding round from new investors
- BJP spent significantly less on advertising during Kerala elections this year, its ad insertions on TV, Radio and Print decreased from 21% in 2016 to 1% in 2021
- Google I/O 2021: Here's what to expect from Google's biggest annual conference
- ISRO announces its decision to share technology to make portable medical oxygen concentrators developed by VSSC