8 networking tips for people who hate networking
- Networking can be intimidating, whether you're introverted, have social anxiety, or just simply don't enjoy meeting new people.
- Being able to network and build new relationships is an important professional and life skill for success.
- Networking doesn't have to be hard - here are tips to help you network through your dislike for networking.
Whether you're introverted, someone who experiences social anxiety, or you simply hate networking, meeting new people in a professional context can be intimidating. But believe it or not, making a successful connection through networking doesn't have feel like work.
Here, two experts highlight their best networking tips to help you survive - and thrive - at your next networking opportunity.
1. Reframe 'networking' in terms of the relationship
2. Set yourself up for success
3. Recruit a friend
4. Find the sweet spot
5. Eliminate aimlessness
6. Look for a 'I feel the same way' moment
7. Leverage the “value add”
8. Take a long-term approach
Popular on BI
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden
- Global trends, macroeconomic data to drive equity markets this week: Analysts
- New Parliament building inauguration: 'Sarva-Dharma Prarthana' ceremony held
- List of Famous things to buy in Coorg