8 of Sarah Sanders' most notorious moments as White House press secretary
- White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders announced she would be leaving the White House soon.
- Sanders often had combative and awkward exchanges with the White House press corps.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders announced on Thursday she would be departing the administration soon to return to private life in her home state of Arkansas.
While Sanders often experienced feuds with the White House press corps and came under heavy scrutiny for many of her claims and statements, here are some that stand out from her tenure as President Donald Trump's chief spokesperson.
1. The Mueller report revealed she lied.
2. She made strange demands of reporters.
3. She defended Trump's retweets of an anti-Muslim extremist.
4. She revoked Jim Acosta's press credentials.
5. She referred to MS-13 gang members as "animals."
6. The White House Correspondents Dinner backlash
7. Reading the letter from "Pickle."
8. Not holding official press briefings.
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Best smartwatch under ₹15000 in India
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India
- Compensation of ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19, recommends Indian government
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk reveals 'challenges' with toilet during Inspiration4 mission, promises upgrades in future
- South Korea’s crypto regulations are tightening around investors and exchanges alike