8 robots that have already entered the workforce in a big way
There's been a lot of discussion as to whether robots will one day take our jobs, but the reality is robots have already entered the workforce in a big way.
In 2014, there were an estimated 1.5 million industrial robots in use and that number is expected to shoot up to 1.9 million by 2017, according the International Federation of Robotics.
Currently, robots are most prevalent in the manufacturing industry. However, as bots become more capable and cheaper for employers to adopt, they'll increasingly begin to move out of factories and into new settings.
In fact, some bots have already started popping up in restaurants, hospitals, and even on movie sets.
Here's a look at eight robots currently working with people everyday.
Popular on BI
- Wild video shows Florida police officers wrangling a huge alligator in the middle of the street
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- White House refuses to pay for Twitter's Blue verification: Report
- Italy bans ChatGPT, orders investigation over privacy breach
- IISc researchers design tiny supercapacitor capable of storing large amount of electric charge
- India exported military hardware worth ₹15,920 crore in 2022-23: Rajnath
- From Citadel to Ponniyin Selvan 2: a look at the shows & movies releasing in April