9 superyacht crew members share what it's really like working for a billionaire on board
- Superyachts are luxurious, but working on them isn't.
- Business Insider recently polled superyacht crew members to find out what it's really like working for a billionaire on board.
- According to them, their days are spent fulfilling requests and keeping the yacht in top shape - but it really all depends on the superyacht owner.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Working on a superyacht sounds glamorous, but it can be anything but.
Business Insider recently polled superyacht crew to get an inside look at life on board. When asked what working for a millionaire or billionaire is really like, crew agreed on a few things - like long hours.
Many superyacht crew members wake up before dawn to get their day started, which typically involves a lot of cleaning and catering to the requests of owners and guests.
But while some superyacht owners are demanding, others are less so - it really all depends on their personality. Some crew members said even said that owners and guests are more like regular people than you'd expect.
Here's what life on board looks like, according to nine superyacht crew members.
Note: Business Insider was able to verify each crew member's identity, but we refrained from publishing their full names to protect their privacy.
Working on a yacht is tiring and demanding.
Yacht crew members have to meet high expectations.
They have to work hard to keep yachts spotless.
There's a lot of cleaning, smiling, and snacking.
But work is easier when the owners are away — which is often.
But everything is dependent on the owner's personality.
But, sometimes, it's not the owner that's difficult.
Yacht owners are just your everyday people on vacation — with more money.
They can be more down-to-earth than expected, but their spontaneity can be frustrating.
- Indian equity market enters coveted USD 4-trillion market cap club for first time
- Lesser known facts about Charlie Munger, Warren Buffet’s second and accomplice
- Fedbank Financial Services IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Flair Writing IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Mini Ratna IREDA stock zooms on debut with over 60% listing gains