Meet Jal Devi, the 95-year-old woman who is the oldest candidate to file her nomination for UP Assembly Elections
Ninety-five-year old wheelchair ridden Jal Devi just proved that age is just a number when it comes to bringing about change in the society as she filed her nomination as an independent candidate for the upcoming assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.
With this, she became the oldest candidate to do so. Elaborating on why she is intent on fighting the elections, Jal Devi said that her aim is to weed out corruption apart from ensuring smooth functioning in the constituency.
"Current government is fooling and troubling people. If they don't stop I also have my lathi which can swing anytime," she said while talking to ANI.
Commenting on her age, Jal Devi promised to fight as long as her body allowed her to, after which she hoped that her son would carry forward her legacy.
Agra: 95-year-old Jal Devi standing as an independent candidate for upcoming UP assembly polls filed her nomination papers from Kheragarh pic.twitter.com/9VQ4Bu2EPI— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) January 25, 2017
Win or lose, we're extremely fortunate to have a dedicated citizen like Jal Devi!
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi tests positive for COVID-19
- FAQs about COVID-19 drugs answered by AIIMS’ director Randeep Guleria
- Uttar Pradesh to go under weekend curfew from April 24, UP minister Hanuman Mishra succumbs to COVID-19
- Apple Spring Loaded event – How to watch live, what to expect and everything you need to know
- Adidas launches a new global series to remind its audience that impossible is nothing; features Ranveer Singh, Hima Das and Beyoncé