A Birchbox executive used these 5 habits to become a morning person
I always paid attention to how I presented myself, but mornings were little more than a necessary evil.Since then, my life has undergone some dramatic changes, and my routine has followed suit.
I co-founded and sold a tech startup, going through a tremendous amount of stress in the process. I took the advice of a dear friend and attended a weekend retreat on meditation. I started a new career as the VP of Birchbox Man.I got engaged and was reminded that life is short, and love is always better when you share good habits and values. I bought a house with my partner in upstate New York, surrounded by organic farms and local food.These experiences helped me realize that all the little things - the ones I deemed insignificant - could have a major impact on my health and well-being.
With that said, here are the five things I do 365 days a year. I did not arrive at them overnight. I discovered them along the way, and they have shifted my mornings from a sleepy blur to a clear awakening.
1. Hot Water With Lemon
2. 20 Minutes of MeditationSit comfortably with your eyes closed for twenty minutes. I practice Vedic meditation myself, and this regular practice has made my mind calmer, more alert, and ready to handle anything the day may bring.
3. 5 Tibetans
My partner and I share a love of our yoga teacher ShivaRam, who taught us these exercises, and we perform them together each morning.
4. PLANT Face OilI know it seems counterintuitive, but trust me. A face oil will regulate your skin's own oil production, resulting in a matte, healthy complexion.
5. Morning Smoothie Made in 5 Minutes
Here is my favorite recipe: coconut water, banana, blueberries, kale, bee pollen, almond butter, and ice. Treat yourself and buy a Vitamix!The Success Series is a collection of the best advice from some of our favorite writers, thinkers, and leaders. This week, we asked: "What is your morning routine?" See other articles in the series here.
- TTD approves Rs 2,938-crore budget for 2021-22
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range
- HP's worldwide shipments grow 5.6% in fourth quarter of 2020, says IDC