A photo of Trump and other leaders staring at Putin is going viral - but it's fake
The G20 summit in Hamburg, Germany last week resulted in several newsworthy pictures.
Whether it was the official G20 photo which featured President Donald Trump on the sidelines, or the multitude of photos showing Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin interacting for the first time since Trump took office, there was no shortage of content for social media users to scrutinize.
One picture that made its rounds on Twitter featured a serious-faced Putin surrounded by other world leaders, all staring at him as if they were focused on something he was saying.
And Twitter had a lot to say about it:
The photo has been retweeted and liked upwards of tens of thousands of times on Twitter. There's just one problem. The picture being circulated is fake.
Here's the original:
While the original image was taken by Getty Images' Kayhan Ozer, other media agency photographers in attendance took similar photos of the moment.
Tell me more, tell me more- stitchell (@GarryStitchell) July 9, 2017
Did you get very far
Tell me more, tell me more
Like does he have a car pic.twitter.com/BUSg4FjKDD
Photo on the left is making the rounds on social media. Photo on the right is the original Getty Image. pic.twitter.com/E9aoCI6eCu- Evan McMurry (@evanmcmurry) July 9, 2017
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP