A robot killed a factory worker in Germany
Prosecutors have opened an investigation into the worker's death, but the internet has already begun to call it the first robot homicide. ChinaFotoPress/Getty
The worker's death comes at a time when some are questioning the safety of robots. The Future of Life Institute (FLI) , funded in part by a $10 million donation from Tesla CEO Elon Musk, announced its plans to use $7 million to fund various projects aimed at controlling artificial intelligence. One project wants to help keep AI-powered weapons under "meaningful human control."
While the internet hysteria over this worker's death is heavily comprised of dark comedy, many, such as Musk and Bill Gates, share concerns that the technology of robots is outstripping our regulation of them.
- Portable multi-purpose laptop table
- Sikkim assembly passes budget for 2021-22
- The digital economy will thrive on customer connections and empowerment, says Adobe India's Nitin Singhal
- YES Bank launches a new musical logo to build a deeper connect with customers
- COVID-19: Students should leave hostels in Bengaluru if their institutions declare a holiday, says BBMP