Airbnb now has more listings worldwide than the top five hotel brands combined
The San Francisco-based startup now offers listings in 191 countries, and its total number of listings is higher than the top five major hotel brands combined.The US remains Airbnb's biggest market with 660,000 listings, followed by France, Italy, Spain, and the UK. Airbnb's number of US listings puts it in fifth place among the top hotel brands in the country.
The company recently had its biggest night of the year on August 5 when more than 2.5 million people stayed using the service.Airbnb is currently the second-highest valued startup in the US. While the startup has run into legal trouble in San Francisco and New York City in the last year, it raised a massive $1 billion funding round in March that pushed its valuation to $31 billion.
- Chennai lashed with rainfall, many roads waterlogged
- Pinterest stock soars 23% as the social media platform garners 442 million global monthly active users
- Top stock movers — Bharti Airtel, RBL Bank, Pidilite, Titan, Hero Motocorp, Asian Paints, TCS, L&T and others
- Manforce Condoms aims to capture 50% market share by 2023
- ASCI asks BYJU’s White Hat Jr to withdraw its social ads for making misleading claims