Android's Green Robot Logo Was Inspired By Bathroom Signs
Irina Blok was a designer at Google who gets little recognition for her former team's now-famous creation: the green Android robot logo. She told The New York Times how it was created.
Three years ago, Google told Blok to create a symbol for the company's mobile devices that would resonate with people. Google wanted it to include a robot.Blok's inspiration came from a interesting, clever place: bathroom doors. The outlines of men and women have become universally recognized, so she mimicked the design for Android.
Here's a reminder of what male and female bathroom signs look like:
And here's what the green Android robot looks like:
- Brands like Burberry and Armani as well as online retail help Asia’s second richest man bag record retail profit
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly budget session between Feb 22-Mar 26
- Reliance Industries Oct-Dec 2020 earnings were below estimates
- Reliance Jio’s profit grows 15% but new subscribers are the lowest in 7 quarters
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80