Apple is the most valuable brand in the world - for the third year in a row
Apple has maintained the top spot since it pushed Coca-Cola off the throne in 2013.
The new report claims that the value of Apple's brand is $170.3 billion, up a huge 43% from last year. For comparison, Google's brand, which comes in number two, went up by only 12% to $120.3 billion.
Four of the top five brands are tech companies, with Google, Coca-Cola, Microsoft, and IBM following Apple.
The biggest leap this year, in terms of percentage, was Facebook, whose brand value shot up 54% to $22 billion. It came in at number 23.
The ranking system is based on a combination of financial performance, how effectively a brand influences customer choice, and how much of a premium price a brand can charge, thereby making profits.
Apple has, in recent years, been teaching a master class in that final item.
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022
- ICICI Bank net profit rises 25% on lower provisions in September quarter
- Best keyboard for writers in India
- Best large size party speakers in India
- Best smart home security cameras in India