Apple is the most valuable brand in the world - for the third year in a row
Apple has maintained the top spot since it pushed Coca-Cola off the throne in 2013.
The new report claims that the value of Apple's brand is $170.3 billion, up a huge 43% from last year. For comparison, Google's brand, which comes in number two, went up by only 12% to $120.3 billion.
Four of the top five brands are tech companies, with Google, Coca-Cola, Microsoft, and IBM following Apple.
The biggest leap this year, in terms of percentage, was Facebook, whose brand value shot up 54% to $22 billion. It came in at number 23.
The ranking system is based on a combination of financial performance, how effectively a brand influences customer choice, and how much of a premium price a brand can charge, thereby making profits.
Apple has, in recent years, been teaching a master class in that final item.
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Wipro, Infosys, Tech Mahindra revoke offer letters given to freshers: Reports
- Reliance Jio and Airtel 5G prices may be affordable for now but expected to increase after wider rollout
- Redmi Pad Review: A decent tablet for the masses
- Electronics Mart India IPO is subscribed 1.69 times on day 1
- Big B’s best movies are back on the big screens - Here are 11 you can watch
- Reliance Jio to begin beta trial of 5G in four cities on Dussehra with unlimited data
- With 950 billionaires, Asia outnumbers all other regions: Forbes