Apple beats Rolex in Luxury Watch Ranking. Tech over Exclusivity, anyone?
AdvertisementThe Apple Watch has beat luxury watch brand Rolex on a list of luxury global brands, as measured by analytics firm NetBase. The study was based on the social media mentions and consumer sentiment from more than 700 million posts between 2014 and 2015.
The Apple Watch took the golden crown in the Watch category, being the only one representing the ‘Smartwatch’ club. Interestingly, Apple’s Smartwatch was voted over popular watchmakers like Tag Heuer, Richemont, Curren and Patek Phillippe.
Overall, however, Apple as a company came in at #4 while the overall top spot of best luxury brand went to Chanel 4. Apple’s iPhone came in at #11, and the Apple Watch came in at #13. The iPad, however, dropped off the list.
While Apple’s placement on a list of luxury brands is no surprise, the ranking of the
Consumers today may have preferred the Apple Watch because it is at least somewhat ‘useful’, especially when compared to the Rolex watches. The notion is ‘What does a Rolex do for the large amount of money it costs?’ The answer is that the only thing Rolex watches can do very well is being expensive. A cheap one costing a few bucks can do very well if only telling the time is your priority.
Since the Apple Watch is currently attached to being more of a ‘Geek’s Wristwatch’, the company is already teaming up with high-end French designers to create collaborations like the
Recently, trendy lifestyle magazine Wallpaper named the Apple Watch Hermès as 2015’s ‘Life Enhancer of the Year’ in its annual design awards.
Popular on BI
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Wipro, Infosys, Tech Mahindra revoke offer letters given to freshers: Reports
- Reliance Jio and Airtel 5G prices may be affordable for now but expected to increase after wider rollout
- Redmi Pad Review: A decent tablet for the masses
- Electronics Mart India IPO is subscribed 1.69 times on day 1
- Big B’s best movies are back on the big screens - Here are 11 you can watch
- Reliance Jio to begin beta trial of 5G in four cities on Dussehra with unlimited data
- With 950 billionaires, Asia outnumbers all other regions: Forbes
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World