Bitcoin is climbing on the last day of 2017
- A bitcoin was worth $13,324 at 12.30 p.m. (GMT) on New Year's Eve.
- It was up 4% on the previous 24 hours.
- A single Bitcoin has increased in value 13-fold since January 1.
The cryptocurrency was up more than 4% as of 12.30 p.m. on New Year's Eve 2017, according to data from Markets Insider.Advertisement
Bitcoin started the final day of 2017 with an increase in value, and looked set to end the year on a high note.
Its value was $13,324 per coin, having gained more than $540 in value over a 24-hour period.
Bitcoin had a rocky ride over the Christmas period, swinging from below $13,000 to above $16,000 in the final week of the year.Bitcoin was still down on its all-time high of $19,843 per coin, which it hit around December 17, 2017, before a sharp fall in which it briefly dipped below $11,000.
- Best air purifiers for home
- Economy activity in India has picked up and the worst is over says the Department of Economic Affairs
- Best pyjamas and comfortable work from home pants
- Virat Kohli, Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor are the most visible celebrity brand endorsers: Report
- Zerodha valued itself at $1 billion, Hurun unicorn startups list bumps it up to $3 billion but founder says valuation doesn't matter