Bitcoin is climbing on the last day of 2017
- A bitcoin was worth $13,324 at 12.30 p.m. (GMT) on New Year's Eve.
- It was up 4% on the previous 24 hours.
- A single Bitcoin has increased in value 13-fold since January 1.
The cryptocurrency was up more than 4% as of 12.30 p.m. on New Year's Eve 2017, according to data from Markets Insider.
Bitcoin started the final day of 2017 with an increase in value, and looked set to end the year on a high note.
Bitcoin had a rocky ride over the Christmas period, swinging from below $13,000 to above $16,000 in the final week of the year.Bitcoin was still down on its all-time high of $19,843 per coin, which it hit around December 17, 2017, before a sharp fall in which it briefly dipped below $11,000.
- Star India Network garnered a cumulative reach of 352 million in the first 26 matches
- Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti 2021: Remembering some of his greatest words
- Non-residents will have to pay tax in India if transactions exceed ₹2 crore
- Insurance giant LIC announces 5-day work week from May 10 for its employees
- In India, three-wheelers called 'autos' are becoming ambulances as the health infrastructure crumbles