Bitcoin is climbing on the last day of 2017
- A bitcoin was worth $13,324 at 12.30 p.m. (GMT) on New Year's Eve.
- It was up 4% on the previous 24 hours.
- A single Bitcoin has increased in value 13-fold since January 1.
The cryptocurrency was up more than 4% as of 12.30 p.m. on New Year's Eve 2017, according to data from Markets Insider.
Bitcoin started the final day of 2017 with an increase in value, and looked set to end the year on a high note.
Bitcoin had a rocky ride over the Christmas period, swinging from below $13,000 to above $16,000 in the final week of the year.Bitcoin was still down on its all-time high of $19,843 per coin, which it hit around December 17, 2017, before a sharp fall in which it briefly dipped below $11,000.
- Global availability of Covid vaccine for public only by mid-2021: Moody's
- Andhra CM directs Covid vaccine distribution plan be drawn up
- K'taka to adopt decentralised models for vaccine delivery
- Thackeray seeks 'national vaccine distribution policy'
- Respite for slum dwellers along Delhi railway tracks as Centre tells SC that no coercive steps will be taken against them