Burger King mistakenly sent dozens of people blank receipts at midnight — including some to those who had never ordered from the fast-food giant
- Burger King on Monday and Tuesday emailed dozens of people receipts for orders they never placed.
- The receipts, which came through about midnight ET, didn't list any food items.
Dozens of people received empty order receipts from Burger King on Monday night and Tuesday morning, The Verge first reported.
People expressed their surprise and confusion on social media and said they were reassured that they weren't the only ones affected by the apparent glitch.
Screenshots shared on Twitter showed the emails said, "Thanks for ordering from Burger King!" The list of items in the order, the location they could be picked up from, the total cost, and the payment details were all left blank.
People from both the UK and the US said they received the emails. The emails appear to have been sent about 12 a.m. ET Tuesday, which was 9 p.m. Monday on the West Coast and 5 a.m. Tuesday in the UK.
Some of the people who received the emails said they'd never ordered from Burger King and were confused as to how the chain had got their email addresses.
Burger King did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment on what caused the apparent glitch.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- WhatsApp rolls out contact cards sharing on Windows beta
- FIFA WC: Lionel Messi doing well, says Argentina manager Scaloni amid injury concerns
- ADB, Wabag sign USD 25 mn debt facility for sanitation, water security in India
- RBI pauses onboarding of online merchants by Paytm Payments Services; firm says no material impact on biz
- Over 50% of microbusinesses had no mechanisms to cushion Covid impact, Road to Recovery report says
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World