China is showing off its homemade version of America's 'Mother of All Bombs'
- A Chinese
defenseindustrial giant recently showed off a Chinese version of the US military's GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast (MOAB), which is more commonly called the "Mother of All Bombs."
- The unnamed weapon developed by China North Industries Group Corporation Limited is said to be China's largest non-nuclear weapon.
- Much smaller and lighter than the US MOAB, which is delivered by C-130 Hercules transport aircraft, China's weapon is dropped by the H-6K bombers.
China's got a new bomb, and it's a really big one.A major Chinese defense industry corporation has, according to Chinese media, developed a deadly new weapon for China's bombers.
The weapon, said to weigh several tons, was developed by China North Industries Group Corporation Limited. A recent promotional video showed the weapon in action. The video, which was apparently released at the end of December, marked the first public display of this particular weapon.Carried by the Chinese Xi'an H-6K bombers, which is a version of the older Soviet Tupolev Tu-16 bombers, the weapon almost completely fills the bomb bay, which would make it roughly five to six meters in length.
The next day, a US aircraft dropped leaflets that read: "You have just experienced the most powerful conventional bomb dropped in the war ... You will be bombed again soon ... You cannot hide. Flee and live, or stay and die."
Last year, while waging war against militants in Afghanistan, the US military dropped a GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast (MOAB) weapon, more commonly known as the "Mother of All Bombs," on the Islamic State.
Although China is using the same nickname for its bomb, the Chinese weapon is smaller and lighter than its American counterpart. Chinese media speculated that the size restrictions may have been intentional, ensuring the weapon could be dropped from a bomber.
The 11-ton US bomb is delivered by a C-130 Hercules transport aircraft.
- Stocks to track on March 4 — HDFC, Airtel, Infosys, Adani Ports and others
- Deficit budget tabled in Arunachal Assembly with focus on
- DPR for piped water connection project announced in Rajasthan Budget to be ready by Aug 30: BD Kalla
- Budget session of Karnataka legislature to begin on Thursday
- Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin shows 81% efficacy after second dose in phase 3 trials