Conor McGregor wore a custom suit to the Mayweather press conference with a vulgar message sewn into it
Harry How/Getty Images
Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather held their first press conference on Tuesday for their much anticipated fight in Las Vegas on August 26th.
An artful trash-talker, McGregor wasted little time tearing into Mayweather's clothes and troubles with the tax man. McGregor was dressed for the occasion, wearing a custom-made suit, and quickly chided Mayweather for his lackluster appearance saying, "He's in a f---ing track suit. He can't even afford a suit anymore."
The crowd laughed.
As Conor went on, he highlighted his own suit, saying, "How's this suit look? It's a cracker. An August-McGregor line, I've got my own line of suits coming out. If you zoom in on the pinstripe it says "F--- you."
Again the crowd laughed, for the line really felt like a joke.
You can watch the segment below.
But as we would quickly find out, McGregor was deadly serious.
McGregor has a known affinity for high-quality suits, with David Heil, CEO of David August, serving as his personal suit-maker. The Irish fighter has been known to drop as much as $50,000 on a set of suits at a time. Now, it appears that he really might have a line of suits coming out soon, complete with pinstripes that could get you kicked out of church.
McGregor and Mayweather will continue their media tour this week, all to build more interest for their fight coming up in August. At the very least, people will be keeping a sharp eye on McGregor's wardrobe choice the next time the two meet.
- Gautam Adani crashes out of the $100 billion club, but still is 10x richer than he was 2 years back
- Understanding Gautam Adani’s rise: a story on how to generate wealth via hope, equity and of course debt
- ISRO announces free online course for students above 10 years – eligibility, how to apply and everything you need to know
- Theatres cross pre-pandemic gross revenue collection despite pricey movie tickets
- Former Twitter India head quits his latest metaverse edtech venture
- Realme Pad X tablet with Snapdragon processor launched in China, coming soon to India – check out price, specifications and features
- Amid rumours of Telegram Premium, the messaging app reportedly drops its ‘free forever’ tag line
- Third-party apps connected to your car may be stealing your data