Domino's offered Russians a lifetime of pizzas if they got tattoos of the company logo - and then they had to shut down the offer because too many people got inked
- Domino's Pizza offered "100 years" of 100 free pizzas to Russians who tattooed the company's logo on their body and shared an image of it on social media.
- The promotion started on August 31 and was supposed to last two months - but the company had to end it after just five days.
- The company said it would instead only promise pizzas to the first 350 people who shared their Domino's tattoos.
Domino's Pizza was forced to end a viral marketing promotion offering Russian fans a lifetime of free pizza if they got the company's logo tattooed "in a prominent place" after too many people participated in the campaign.
The marketing campaign posted to VKontakte, Russia's Facebook-like social media network, offered "100 years" of up to 100 free Domino's pizzas to anyone who tattooed the company's logo on their body and shared an image to social media.
The promotion started on August 31 and was supposed to last two months - but the company had to end it after just five days after too many people took them up on the offer, The Moscow Times reported.
Russian social media flooded with images of the Domino's logo tattooed on fans' legs, arms, and elsewhere as people tried to join the promotion.
Domino's posted on VKontakte Tuesday announcing the campaign was ending early.
"An urgent message to all those sitting at the tattoo artist's right now: We'll include you in the list of participants, but we're waiting for photos up to midday today," it said in a message on its VKontakte page.
The post said it would only promise pizzas to the first 350 people who shared their Domino's tattoos, adding: "To those with appointments scheduled for later, we recommend canceling them."
- Female African elephants evolved toward being tuskless over just a few decades as poachers sought ivory
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- Federal Bank is offering internships for fresh graduates — Check out stipend, incentives and other details
- Reliance Industries' net profit crosses ₹15,000 crore in September quarter
- Reliance Retail's revenue has fallen short of its own record by ₹2,000 crore
- Reliance confirms JioPhone Next will be launched in time for Diwali
- SEBI approves Paytm’s $2.2 billion IPO, company explores November listing
- Indian Broadcasting & Digital Foundation re-elects K Madhavan as its President