Each OLX transaction is making the environment cleaner
The rise of technology has made it easier than ever to help the
There are plenty of other ways people can use their smartphones to limit their environmental impact. If increasing numbers of people reduce their consumption by
Every time one sells on OLX, the
ALSO READ: EXCLUSIVE: Shashi Tharoor talks about his fears related to demonetization and the Paris Agreement
In the last one year, OLX India transactions have directly curbed 3.3 million tons of CO2 emissions. That is equivalent to 57% of Indian domestic aviation sector’s carbon footprint.
It is also equal to the CO2 emissions that 132 million trees absorb annually, and 6.25 times the emissions replaced by the
The report covered OLX transactions for the financial year 2015-16. All stages of the life-cycle of a product until it reaches the user were taken into account for some of the most traded product categories on OLX. The inclusion of all product categories traded on OLX would have resulted in a significantly larger CO2 equivalent.
Popular on BI
- The 100-bagger stocks that survived the test of time and market cycles over 20 years
- Looking to travel abroad? 5 tips to help you save on airfare
- Aprilia RS 457 vs KTM RC 390 – the battle of the sports bikes in India
- Most secluded places in India to visit in 2023
- Relieve constipation naturally with Indian foods: A guide to digestive health