Engaging in crazy hobbies help come up with creative solutions at work
AdvertisementA study, conducted by San Francisco State University and published by the Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, said people engaging in creative hobbies regularly do better at the workplace.
Around the world, there are several examples of entrepreneurs with hobbies about as crazy as their ideas. Elon Musk, founder of SpaceX and
Guhesh Ramanathan, who runs startup incubator Excubator, got hooked to scuba diving 17 years ago and is now an avid underwater photographer. "I think I've become pretty damn good at it," said Ramanathan, a former
"The lessons for business leaders come from many different places. What if I could get business insights from my experiences with scuba diving?" said Ramanathan.
Srikanth Nadhamuni, ceo of start-up incubator
"Designing is about fixing things. Much like coding," said said Nadhamuni, who laboured eight months on the restoration. The pillars are topped off with protruding wooden arches that he designed on Adobe Illustrator. Between the pillars is a wooden door with intricate patterns, also designed using the same software.
Sanjay Parthasarathy, cofounder of big data firm Indix, gets his lessons from his habit of collecting contemporary art the past 25 years. His collection spans 700 photographs, sculptures and paintings, the latter two focused on contemporary Indian and modern genres. He showcased some of his collection at Seattle's Art Museum in December.
"My challenge is how come I'm not spending all my time on it," said the former Microsoft veteran, who raised $15 million (.95 crore) from Nokia Growth Partners, Nexus Venture Partners and
(image credits: mobilyser)
Popular on BI
- Ukraine's drones are becoming increasingly ineffective as Russia ramps up its electronic warfare and air defenses
- 'Die-hard' Nintendo fan spent over $40,000 buying stock and then asked top executives why the company won't make more of a fan-favorite series
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- India is committed to taking care of its army veterans says Ambassador Sandhu
- Coffee Maker - Best coffee machine for home in India
- Apple Watch 8 series will alert you if you have a fever
- Here are the top selling cars in India from June 2022
- This start-up creates ‘green’ water out of thin air and sells it at ₹4 per liter