Flipkart Internet is making money like never before, net worth jumps 12-fold!
The company has posted a revenue of Rs 659 crore in the year ended March 31, while last year, the revenue was Rs 179 crore, according to a recent filing with the Registrar of Companies. This revenue comes from shipping fee, selling commission and advertisements. In fiscal 2014, the company had posted a loss of Rs 316 crore.
Generally, online retailers disclose the gross value of goods sold on their portals, which doesn't necessarily tell about their financial performance, given that they sell products on high discounts in a bid to build market.
From vendors that use its platform,
Popular on BI
- Budget to aid flagging affordable home segment, boosts demand with infra push
- BYJU's slashes over 1,000 jobs, mostly from its engineering teams
- Budget 2023-24: Positive for infra and credit growth
- Budget 2023-24: Continued focus on infra to enable growth, create jobs & enhance quality of life
- Budget 2023 proposes 20% TCS on foreign expenses under LRS